WELCOME TO Val's Alentejo -I write about my region of Alentejo. My art ,painting, my cottages, Family life, my animals -Travels And my love for Roses- and rural country life.

Saturday 7 September 2013

A day to remember

Dearest  Blogging friends.      Many of you have had your special day when one of our children get married. .. The great day has finally come and gone.   Sasha and Miguel have now been married for one week.         Working our how to write this post.  I came to the conclusion, that you can all see some  photos taken by myself and my family.  The official photos will come later.    I have put them in no particular order.. and will just explain as we go through them. 

The Church at Penha Longa.  A most beautiful church.  On Sundays its open to who ever would like to go to mass. If there is a mass on that sunday.  Penha Longa is so so big.  There was no time to see around the whole estate... We were taken too and fro on buggies.    You can see that at the side of the covered chair's and down the isle..that had beautiful fresh white carpet down.. there are long glass vases each with the head of a white rose.  The whole theme, was lilac and white.
Here I had just led Miguel down the isle and he was waiting with the biggest grin for his darling sasha.. Mr. M is commenting to me .. how he was grinning, just like when he was a boy.  The flowers were all the same , except for the altar.. the flowers where white.   


  We are now  together for here ever after.  
                                           Miguel and Sasha with two of their 4 flower girls.  There were so many people at the wedding.. it was difficult to get everyone together.
 left to right.  Mr. M  -  Tanya, Sasha's mother- Sasha-Miguel-Me- Victor, Sasha's father.   It was such a wonderful day ... Laughter and happiness from beginning to end.

                                  Cutting the cake..  A magnificent simple white with the lilac fresh flowers.  My photo is a little blurred..  I cant wait to see all the official photos.
My Grandaughter Amy and yes, me
                                             The two mothers.   Tanya and Val
                                      Val with youngest son Filipe.. The decoration was amazing.  Full 8 piece band.. singer excellent.
                                        All the girls of our family..

My youngest son Filipe, with his Fiançe Diana.
                                         From the back of the church.
                                    The view from my bedroom window.. a fantastic golf course.
                                         Amy 16 next week.. Nina our daughter and yes. me.
                                          Nina and brother Filipe
                       The foyer.


I could go on and on with more photos.. but there were so many people. Lots happening.. Eating , drinking, talking, dancing.  I really had no time to take more..  I flopped into bed at 4.30 am..

You can all imagine. I am still reeling from the whole affair.  It was most excellently planned by their Italian wedding planner. The food was to die for.

As I drifted off to la la land.   I had a smile on my face.  My son is happy and that was all that mattered to me.  Sasha is a wonderful girl.. and made a most beautiful stunning bride.

Hope you all enjoy my update.

Wishing you all a very happy weekend.


To all of you who left lovely warm comments on my last post.   I thank you from the bottom of my heart.. You are all dear dear friends I have come to know through our blogging.

I know... I know.   And Barcelona.    next post.   I need to catch up on some sleep over this weekend.

val -  Back home in Alentejo.

41 comments:

  1. What a beautiful couple. Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Val what a wonderful day. I don't know where to start. You looked lovely and your outfit was gorgeous. Sasha and Miguel look a smashing couple and I loved seeing all the rest of your family. I thought about you all day last Friday. You have some lovely photos Val, very natural and look forward to hearing all about Barcelona. Have a great weekend. Speak soon dear friend.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Patricia, What a lovely comment you have written. Thank you so much.. we all had a wonderful day.
      We were all very relaxed. I didnt cry. just laughed and smiled for both of them..they are so much in love.
      hugs Patricia..xxxxval

      Delete
  3. Hi Val,
    I was so excited to see this post. I was thinking of you last week. It must have been a wonderful day for you all. You look stunning, I love your dress.
    The bride and groom look so lovely on their special day. It was nice to see all your family too. I expect the day went by far to quickly, but the memories of it will remain for a long time to come.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah.
      Miguel and Sasha make a fine couple. They seem to fit together very well.
      It was a good day.. Thank you for your compliment...I too liked my dress.
      Indeed the memories will be with me forever. xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures of a wonderful, sweet day. There is no feeling like the joy of watching your child marry the love of their life! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bless them, bless them, bless them with a very happy life. and bless you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Jan. It is so true ..nothing like seeing our loving child marry the love of their life.. I wish them ions of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Val - the air is full of romance, it is tangible, I can almost touch it. I am so happy for you that you all had a wonderful and perfect day in which to celebrate the joining of a beautiful girl and her handsome Miguel, your son.
    You all look fantastic, and your outfit in particular is stunning, it suits you perfectly.
    Delighted for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Rosemary,
      What a beautiful comment you have written. I am so pleased that you enjoyed seeing us all. just a few photos.. Its really very difficult to always walk about with a camera. professional photos will come. Thank you..
      we are all still reeling.

      Delete
  8. Dearest Val ,what a wonderful day for all of you !The couple is lovely and I wish to them a life full of happiness. The place and the church look very nice .Lovely photos for a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Olympia... thank you so much for your good wishes for my Miguel and his Sasha.. they are so so happy. The church was so beautiful.. it was packed.. it was indeed a wonderful day. much love ..x.x.x.x.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful wedding, like a fairytale. Your Son and his New Wife are a handsome couple. You looked beautiful at the wedding. I wish them all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty, I felt as though I was floating in a fairy tale..

      Delete
  10. A beautiful wedding, lovely couple, you look lovely, and what a wonderful place to get married. Nice photo of the girls in your family. Hope you enjoy Barcelona!! groetjes, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gerda..
      It indeed was a stunning location.. It was wonderful for us all to be together on such a special occasion.

      Delete
  11. Everyone looks so happy and everything is beautiful. I love the white and lilac colors so fresh and pretty. xo, Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen.
      It all looked so beautiful. and I am still on cloud 9

      Delete
  12. Dear Val,
    Thank you for sharing these lovely, warm, happy photos. It must have been wonderful for you to have your family around you on such a happy and memorable occasion.
    Everyone looks so elegant. You look gorgeous in your lovely gown.
    I love the beautiful church looking so special in wedding decoration.
    Take it easy for a while and I'm looking forward to a post on Spain:)
    Betty OX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Betty.. Thank you for your kind wishes .. I am pleased you liked to see some of my family. It really was such a wonderful day.
      The church was beautifully decorated and such a great location..
      we were all so happy for Miguel and Sasha.

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous photos of what must have been a fairy-tale day. What a beautiful couple! You look great Val - your dress is the perfect colour and your shoes....let's just say, you would never, ever find such a gorgeous pair of shoes here. You must have had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pondside..
      It was indeed a fairy tale day. Miguel and Sasha make a fine couple and are much in love. Thank you for your compliment about my dress.. haven't dressed up in years.. I was also pleased with my shoes, i searched around a lot for the perfect pair to match.
      x

      Delete
  14. Oh Val, what a delightful post, and I can see your happiness shining through! Everything is beautiful, especially your gorgeous outfit which is a real stunner!! Best wishes to the lovely bride and Very Handsome Groom, your son...So nice to see all your family and it must have been a wonderful day. Oh and can't forget the church and flowers - white and lilac are a really pretty combination. With love, P. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Patricia... so pleased you enjoyed seeing my photos.. official one's still to come. Thank you for your very kind wishes about my outfit. It indeed was a special day.
      sending best wishes to you ..There in Down under.. x

      Delete
    2. Me again, Val - I forgot to say how impressed I am with your beautiful dainty shoes; I don't think I could wear such stylish shoes with pointed toes. They really made your outfit! x

      Delete
    3. Thanks Patricia..
      The shoes were so so comfy..and just the right size of heel.. very pointed. I had to have something comfy to walk down the isle.. xxxxxx

      Delete
  15. Beautiful couple and church!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Val, thank you for sharing these lovely photographs with us. They all show what an absolutely beautiful day was celebrated by all. You can now relax knowing that you played a major part in the success of this life changing event. Take a little time out and bask in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gina. It indeed was a wonderful day.
      I am enjoying the weekend... after a hectic few weeks.

      Delete
  17. A beautiful family and such a stunning wedding. Really enjoyed seeing these photos and all the happiness of the event is shining through. The church, the flowers, the bride and groom, and last but not least your lovely outfit--- all just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Sanda,
      It was such a wonderful wedding ,with such happiness love and joy..
      such lovely comment..

      Delete
  18. Congratulations to the happy couple dear Val.
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh what a gorgeous wedding I think it is the most beautiful I have ever seen and the bride and groom are beautiful too. So are you! I would love to have been there! love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest Val,
    CONGRATULATION for you and family especially for your son and her wife.
    amazing ceremony Val.
    wow, the official photo surely will be beautiful
    wishing you full of joy;)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty couple!

    Congratulations!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Val, what a beautiful occasion and how happy you all look. Miguel and Sasha make a gorgeous couple and you are all so smart in your wedding clothes. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Val, what a glorious day. I was looking forward to seeing these wedding photos. You look fabulous, my friend - love the dress! I was wondering about the white decorated chairs in back of the church - who were those seated for? I love the cake with all the purple adorning it. The church is beautiful. This brings back many sweet memories of last year when Nel walked down the aisle.

    The bride is such a beauty, and your son is oh, so handsome. Pure joy, my friend.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

comments will be published after approval