WELCOME TO Val's Alentejo -I write about my region of Alentejo. My art ,painting, my cottages, Family life, my animals -Travels And my love for Roses- and rural country life.

Saturday 19 December 2015

December 19th -2015

I am still around dear friends.  Its been a busy couple of months for me.  
This last week , I have been buying presents for my grandchildren. I just can't believe that another christmas is now upon us.  
I have been enjoying these days here at the Quinta.  We have been having phenomenal weather.  Warm days of temps of 21 and 22º - unbelievable, its like spring has arrived.
My inner garden area has grown and grown.  Some of the bushes are so high, my rose bushes are thriving.   It all looks so lovely.
We had a little rain in Nov, that was all.  
 Climate change is here to stay. I cannot remember  weather in December as we have now.  
This Christmas I will be spending with my eldest son Manel and family  in his beautiful  new home in Lisbon.  In total 23 all family from both sides and grandchildren from both sides.  I am so looking forward to it.  
All is ready for my driving up on Tuesday.  Ever so reliable Pedro, will be looking after my doggies and home , while I am gone. 


               Took this of dear  Vouga on  Thursday.. ever so faithful and a fantastic guard dog, I think he is a handsome fellow too.  He wants to jump up when I come out in the morning, and nearly bolls me over.   He is named after a beautiful river in the north of Portugal-
                                       This yellow rose, many of you will recognize .. it grows about 6ft tall amongst the Oleander trees, I have a tall red one too.   taken thursday.   forgot to take flash off.
                                     This whole bed of roses are producing blooms by the day.  I have been growing roses for over 12 years.. Never had such an abundance , especially approaching winter.
                                              Enjoing a few decorations for Christmas. White lights on the windows, Christmas music , hot chocolate and  cups of tea with mince pies. - Next step Lisbon.

 
   Thank you for all your comments on my November post, and for following Val's Alentejo.

   Wherever you will be, Enjoy this special time of the year.

                                                           Sending Greetings for a very blessed Christmas.

Val

20 comments:

  1. Dearest Val , I am so happy that you are well .The weather is still warm and it is strange for this season .It is lovely that you will spend your holidays with your family .I wish to you and all your family Happy New Year,love ,happy and healthy ! Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Olympia,
      So nice to see you. Thank you for your warm wishes. I am looking forward to going to Lisbon to my son's home..
      Happy Christmas to you.. xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Hello dear Val. You are sounding sassy as ever and I'm so glad to hear it! So glad you will be spending Christmas with your family in such a beautiful place. Your garden looks like it is enjoying the holidays too. Please have a wonderful time and Merry Christmas..xxo Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy,
      I am getting slowly back to myself again.. Its been a long year with my operation and my fall.
      Have a wonderful christmas too.. best wishes ..xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Tex..
      Merry Christmas to you and yours..
      to the doggies and horses too from mine here at the quinta.
      xxxxx

      Delete
  4. Dear Val, what a pretty post for Christmas - your roses are the best! You will have a lovely time in Lisbon with your family, especially in a new house. Happy times! Wishing you all the Blessings of Christmas, from your bloggie friend from Australia. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Patricia,
      My roses are still blooming.. its amazing.
      Wishing you and all your family a happy christmas..and to your father too. xxxxx

      Delete
  5. Vogua is very handsome! Love your yellow roses, and sweet decorations. Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen..
      can't wait to be all together.. well except for my daughter.. she is with her girls in Lucern.
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas sweet friend. I'm wishing you a blessed holiday. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diane..
      Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas.. thanks for all the lovely posts from Florida.. xxxx

      Delete
  7. Val, you still have roses! It's been raining here lately, but I still have a few white and pink ones in my garden. Hot chocolate and mince pie sounds yummy, especially during this cold weather. I haven't had mince pie in a long time.

    Wishing you the Merriest Christmas spending it with your son, Manuel and his family. Thank you for your friendship through the years. You mean a lot to me, dear Val.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sheri, Nell and Jess.
      Wishing you a very blessed Christmas all together.
      Thank you for your lovely comments over the year..
      Its always so great to read, what is going on at Red Rose Alley.
      big hugs... Val. xxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  8. Dear Val, I hope you have a wonderful family Christmas that sounds as if it will be a lovely big celebration! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dear Sarah,
      I am so looking forward to being with all three boys, and family and grandchildren.. xxxxx

      Delete
  9. Dear Val, Thank you for your Christmas greetings. I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are enjoying a very happy Christmas visit with your family, Val, Your weather sounds wonderful, so much better than our endless rain...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Val, Stopping by to wish you a very Happy New Year, much happiness and health for many years to come. ox Gina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a blessed Christmas,Val.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

comments will be published after approval